Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Decision

Two days ago, a score of 600 in writing on the SAT shattered my false impression that my English writing was perspicuous, cogent and nothing short of brilliant. (I guess, being an introvert has its downsides too; it robbed me of my vital skills of expression.)

The dams have cracked; more and more confusion has started to seep in. What to do? What not to do? I've begun over-thinking things; planning for tomorrow, for the next week, for the next month and what not. My thoughts are making the situation sound more serious than they actually are.

But, yesterday, a pathway emerged in the form of my biology instructor's words. His digressions on working hard seemed to ring a bell, inspiring me to keep working until some more doors open up. So here I am today, with a decision to try the philosophy of working hard and hoping for the best, in short, a decision to try harder at being an optimist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment