Wednesday, January 17, 2018

a Hit and a Miss : Saarang '18

This is my story of Saarang '18.
(Correction: This was supposed to be my story of Saarang '18. There's not much to say though.)

My Saarang primarily involved just 4 places, CRC, Bed, Food, and lounging around KV grounds in the night. The lounging around involved a lot more compulsive affairs, but that's a story for another time.

6 quizzes over 4 days. Shamelessly honest I shall be. I neither set any nor did I make finals. Yet my newly refounded quiz enthusiasm is at an all-time high. I sat through the lone wolf quiz which ran through the whole of the night, describing which with just interesting or good would be an insult. The opinion is obviously biased. I'm into the general idea of general quizzes.

Having been introduced to the way of the quizzer only after coming to insti last year was a radically novel thing to me. The enthu phase was exhilarating. I had Faidh with me to accompany me to the quizzes. The high was when Govind, Rajat, and I placed second in a Shaastra quiz, but then it plunged pretty low pretty slow. I was behind on a lot of stuff. I was lurking in the shadows, just testing my hand at it again and again. Then there was a blip, a good one, when I went to NIT Trichy's Festember in September.

The sudden resurgence came with me prepping for the biggest fest in Asia( I still have no clue why they keep claiming that), IIT Bombay's Mood Indigo. The trip (pun intended) continued onto Inter IIT cultural meet in IIT Kanpur, only the second year the event has happened at all. I skipped Shaastra '18 for no apparent reason. I just wanted to return home and that feeling justifies everything for me. Then comes the start of the post, Saarang '18. I didn't place anywhere, yet the confidence is strong and the enthu is just bubbling to blow over.

That was a long digression from what I was intending to write. But, then again, I haven't written in a while. Let fingers lead the mind as instinct leads the wolf.

Very appropriately, my experience of Saarang was only as short as this post. (And included as much digression)

No comments:

Post a Comment