Monday, January 08, 2018

Resolutions bent


Avery Tolar: Do you think l'm talking about breaking the law?
Mitch McDeere: No, I'm just trying to figure out how far you want it bent.
Avery Tolar: As far as you can without breaking it.

~ An excerpt from the Tom Cruise starrer, "The Firm", based on the novel by John Grisham.

Well, I agree that's a lame excuse for not posting anything for the past three days, but I did write the resolution myself, and nowhere did I mention that I have to post one daily. So technically, no resolution broken.

As my winter vacations come to an end, I have suddenly re-indulged in books. It happened towards the end of the recent summer vacations too. A book reading spree. Proud. During the end of summer, it was the Hunger Games trilogy, and the entire Harry Potter series (the initial seven), and maybe one by John Grisham.

This time it's novellas. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway (which is a very moving story; more about it later). And now I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. H2G2 is a very fun read.  I'm still only halfway through it but the narration is done too well to be not talked about, specially the way he diffuses the tension of suspense.

I need to leave now.
Deep Thought's seven and a half million years are almost up.
Check in tomorrow for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment